Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Connectivism

Connectivism Concept Map

My learning environment was hard to construct because I never think about the different ways that I learn new things. I suppose I looked first toward my education and the courses that I have taken throughout my educational career, not realizing the many other ways I have learned. I have learned various information through media sources such as You Tube, my television, the internet, other classmate's blogs, and one of my favorite blogs sites E-Learning Heros. The internet has been a vital source in my learning especially when having to research new information or terms that I am not familiar with. Although we cannot believe everything that we read on the internet, there are still many reliable sources out there.

Another way I have learned would be through human interactions. I have learned through relationships, and conversations with relatives, colleagues, colleagues, professors, past mentors, acquaintances, academic coaches, and through journeys that I have taken in my life. The most effective of all of them would have to be the conversations with professors and colleagues because they have similar views to mine. However, I truly value those opinions from relatives and acquaintances who may have separates views from mine.

Lastly, my personal experiences have sculpted the way that I learn and what I have learned. I have learned through many educational workshops, college courses that I have taken, and through my being a mentor teacher. Being a mentor teacher has taught me how to view situations in another light versus the one way that I am used to thinking. I have become more sympathetic to struggles or concepts that are not easily understood by others.

Making a concept map to represent my learning environment was a good way to visualize the many influences that structure the way that I think and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment